Friday, May 9, 2008

Awesome birthday!

It all started yesterday afternoon when my brother called to ask if I had received the package from Portland. I told him I had, but that I wasn't going to open the present until Friday. After a lengthy discussion, he gave me permission to open it last night.
I figured from the wrapping it was a picture of some kind. So, I gently tore the paper and removed what appeared to be a picture frame. Since it was upside down, I flipped it over and instantly broke out into a huge grin! Chris painted a pelican and Nate painted a mahi! But when you looked closer, and turned your head sideways, you could see that the bodies of the animals were actually the boys' handprints! And with a little adult help, the details (eyes, mouth, beak and tail) were added. Not to mention there are about 3-4 different colors in each animal and the boys are 4 years old!


I am in awe of the creativity and talent!
Thank you, Chris & Nate, for my very special, one-of-a-kind, better-than-the-Eiffel-Tower, artwork birthday present. I love it and have it hanging in a place where I will see it first thing in the morning and before I go to sleep....and all our friends will see it too!

No comments: