Sunday, September 7, 2008

More golf

Last week was the Hound Ears Member-Member golf tournament and I had been invited to team up with Shirley a very sweet lady who lives down the road from us. She and I have played together before and thought we would make a good pair.

Everyone was encouraged to wear pink over the two day tournament as it was the "Rally for the Cure" tournament. On Tuesday, we could purchase a 'get out of trouble' ribbon - 10 feet of pretty pink ribbon you could use 1 time to help if you found yourself in a bit of a situation. I resisted as long as I could, but ended up using mine to get me back into my own fairway. And as it turns out, onto the green! I didn't play so well the first day and was really frustrated. But after a long talk with myself, going back to the driving range and watching my golf lesson, I felt like I was a changed woman, ready for Wednesday's round.

Unfortunately, things still went a little screwy with my swing and I played worse on Wednesday, in spite of buying a Mulligan!

But, Shirley carried our team and we ended up winning Low Gross! She was very excited and I'm glad I could help with what little bit I did.

We had a fabulous luncheon and met a woman who is a cookbook author, designer and entrepreneur. Her company is W.I.N.O.S (Women In Need Of Sanity) http://www.winoshavefun.com/ and she donated some great gift baskets along with giving each participant a visor of their choice.

All in all, it was a fun time and I'm glad I played. Next season, I'm going to play with the 'Big Girls'. :o)

No comments: