Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A new adventure!


After a wonderful seven year sabbatical filled with amazing experiences, foreign and domestic travel adventures, and the opportunity to enjoy a myriad of activities, it’s time to “un-retire” and return to the working world.



Over the years, I have worked with Frank, his family and my best friend, helping facilitate their mothers moving to Tampa. Recently I have helped both families when their mothers were unable to return to independent living. Shortly after that, I realized “this” is something I enjoy, something I’m good at and something I could make a living doing.

What is “this”? It’s helping people move! It’s working with older adults and families deal with the emotionally overwhelming task of organizing and dispersing belongings when a loved one downsizes, moves to a health care center or passes away. It is a career in a relatively new industry called Senior Move Management. And I’m pleased to announce that I have formed a company…A Stress-LessTransition, LLC.

I can help as much or as little as someone needs. I do the things the older adult or family doesn’t want to do, doesn’t have time to do or is unable to do.

But what about The Crazy Travelers?”, you ask. First of all, Frank is 110% supportive of me and this venture! While many items on the bucket list have been checked off, we will still actively follow Seminole football and enjoy trips of a more “normal” length.

I am excited about the opportunities to provide a much-needed service to older adults and families!

While my primary focus will be in the Tampa Bay area, I am available to travel anywhere in Florida. If you know of anyone who is looking to have a stress-less transition (for themselves or loved one), I would greatly appreciate you forwarding along the link to the website.  In addition, I've created a blog where I will post tips, ideas case studies and scenarios surrounding my adventure as a senior move manager.

~Leann

No comments: