Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eclipse coming...

So, last night, my brother called from Portland to ask if we were getting ready for the eclipse. I hopped up from watching TV and went outside to see what I could see. We had perfectly clear skies and a BIG full moon. He said it would happen about 10:00 our time.
Not having heard anything about an eclipse, I did a little internet research. The only thing I could find about the next eclipse in 2008 wasn't supposed to happen until February 21.
I called him back to find out where he got his information as the only thing I could find was to happen in February.
He said, yes, February 21. Well....yesterday was JANUARY 21. Needless to say, Kathy got a big kick out of the mix up. So as not to totally disappoint Chris and Nate, they decided last night would be an 'eclipse drill', like a fire drill.
I felt so bad breaking the news, but it was funny that he was a month ahead of schedule. :)
The cool thing is that we'll be on the cruise and hopefully will be able to see it from the ship.

No comments: