Friday, October 16, 2009

Update to recent post: The internet is amazing!

The day after posting the pictures and flyover video from the FSU-GT game, I received an email from my sister-in-law and fellow blogger, Kathy who is in Portland, OR.

She received a message from someone inquiring about the flyover video: 
"I am in the US Army and was a crew for the flyover at the GA Tech @ FSU game. I found a good video on it on one of your friend's pages, but have no way to message them to ask if I can have a copy. Their names were Frank and Leann. If you could direct me to them or pass along this message, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your help."

Well, this guy was pretty resourceful.  In the beginning of the blog, I had the "comments" activated.  But I started receiving a lot of spam messages and so deactivated.  Kathy had activated her comments.  Since her fabulous blog is one of our favorite links, he must have read one of her entries and contacted her.

Kathy LOVES these kind of connection stories so I knew she was anxious to see what would transpire. :o)  I tried emailing the video to Mr. Mullins (who was in Alabama), but it was too big.  So I uploaded it to youtube.com and then sent him a message with a link:

"Hi Robert - My sister-in-law (Kathy aka MamaMooregon) forwarded your message about the flyover from Saturday's game. Gotta love the internet - Frank and I are in Florida and you contacted my sister-in-law in Portland, OR!


First of all, THANK YOU!, for all you do in service to our country. I always get chills when there is a fly-over, no matter where we are. So again, Thank you!

Here is a link to our blog, specifically to the FSU-GaTech game: http://crazy-travelers.blogspot.com/2009/10/watching-game-in-style-fsu-vs-gatech.html.  I've also attached the file. (update....I just tried to send and it's too big.) I'll try to post on Facebook and/or youTube.

Which helicopter were you in and what seat? I would love to update our blog with this wonderful connection story."

After a few hours, I received a response.  (Guess he had to get some flying done.):

"Hey Leann, Thank you so much for posting that. You have a great video of the event. I was on the very back of the first one that went by. It was my job to clear obstacles on the left and rear of the helicopter making sure the pilots didn't take out the flagpoles. It was a great experience for me and the school really treated us great.

One of my co-workers texted me this morning to let me know the video is now on youtube, so thank you again for the video. I now get to add it to my facebook for my family and friends back home.



Thank you for your patriotism,
SSG Robert Mullins"


Always remember, never forget...have your camera!.  And then once you have the pictures or video, do something with it!  You never know, there may be someone out there who might really appreciate your efforts.

No comments: