Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

I loved it and didn't realize how much I missed it!

A few weeks ago, over a glass of wine with a friend and conversations with a few others, I decided to host a 'Maximize Technology' for the residents at our condo in Stuart.  "How can I do this on my computer?" "What can I do with all the pictures I get on emails?"  "How can I research a topic I'm interested in?" 

It's been quite a while since I've facilitated or taught classes, but it was just like old times.  Over the past few days, I worked to structure the time together, prepare handouts, and confirm the computer would connect to the TV. 

So, today was the day!  Fourteen people signed up and several arrived early.  And the friend I mentioned, well he brought an apple for the teacher.  :)  We ended up with 24 people in the hour-and-a-half session!  I was thrilled! 

During our time together, many of the participants found out others had similar questions and problems, some offered suggestions and many took notes on things to try when they got home.

Next steps:  compile the questions/problems and set up more of these sessions. 

It was really rewarding to meet more people in our condo community, help people get answers, show many of the participants some new things!

No comments: