Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time in Lake George (Part 2 of 3)

We had forgotten how early the sun rises in the North!  I was pretty sure one morning I slept in until at least 7:30.  Turns out it was 6:30!

Roger and Melissa enjoy hiking and exploring the nature trails near them.  Our first stop was Gull Pond.  We had a gentle hike through the woods that opened to a beautiful pond!


Panoramic picture of Gull Pond
Can you find the frog?


Several of our troop found a blueberry bush and enjoyed a little snack while checking out the pond.

Over the years, Melissa has taken an interest in mushrooms.  She pointed out the good ones and the ones to stay away from.  Even with a book, I don't trust myself to pick the right ones so I think I'll stick with getting my 'shrooms from the store.
I think she said this wasn't a good one.  (White gills = bad.)

It was a nice way to start the morning and explore the area.